One of the most common questions I get asked is whether you need website management?
If you have a WordPress website or are looking to get one, then your site will need to be kept updated so it continues to work properly and stays secure.
This can be done by yourself, an employee or you could hire your web designer to do it for you.
So what is the best option for your Business?
If you have some knowledge of websites and the WordPress management system you might choose to manage your own website.
This might seem like the cheapest option but there are a few things to consider.
- Keeping a website updated will take up some of your time and that time might be better spent working on your Business.
- If you get some issues with your website that you can’t fix then having to hire a web designer to fix them can be expensive.
- Unless you have very good knowledge of WordPress you might not know what is needed to keep your site secure and working well.
Getting An Employee To Do It
If you have an employee who has some WordPress knowledge, it is an option to get them to do it. As usual though there are pro’s and con’s to this.
- If your employee is working on your website, then they aren’t doing there normal job. This can have an adverse effect on your Business depending on the type of Business you are in.
- If they make an error and can’t fix it you would need to hire a web developer to fix the problem which could prove costly.
- When the employee is off, your website might still need updating and if there is no one else who can do it your site could run into problems.
Hire The Web Designer To Do It
The safest option is to hire the person who designed your website to keep it updated. This will ensure your website is in top condition and your web hosting could be included which can make it very cost effective.
- The Web Designer knows your site inside out, which means they know your site better than anyone else.
- Your web hosting could be included meaning you only have one person to contact for issues with your site or hosting.
- Any additional work needed on your website can be included in your monthly plan helping you to manage your cash flow without any surprise bills!
However you decide to keep your site updated the one thing to remember is to do it regularly as a poorly maintained website can cause problems for your Business.